Learn how to get verified on Instagram easily and free using tips and tricks in this post. You’ll find out exactly how to verify your Instagram business account quickly.
How Instagram verification badge can be beneficial to company growth or do you even need the badge at all.
If you’re ready,
Check out my #1 recommended Instagram University.
Let’s get it.
What is a Verified Badge on Instagram?
Verified badge on Instagram is the blue tick on Insta or the blue checkmark on Instagram that represents your business presence and authenticity.
Due to a larger number of scammers, Instagram verification is what separate a scammer trying to copy and manipulate other businesses.
Not only Instagram social media platform allows their user to acquire a verification badge. Other platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, etc. to verify their account authenticity.
A verification badge is not easy to acquire and not everyone will be eligible for one that’s why you’ll find all the information available in this step-by-step guide.
First of all, let’s find out how you can verify your Instagram business account.
How to Get Verified on Instagram in #6 Steps (Step-by-Step)
- Tab the Hamburger icon on the top right corner
- Tab Settings
- Tab Account
- Tab Request Verification
- Fill in a short Application how to get verified on Instagram as an artist or others.
- Fill out your legal name or full name for verification purposes.
- Your known as or working name (if applicable).
- Select your category or industry (for example: brand, blogger/influencer, product, sports, service, etc.)
- Most people wondering how to get verified on Instagram without ID which is not possible, and you’ll need to submit a photo of your official government ID such as a passport or a driver license, utility bills, tax filing, etc.
- Tab Send.
Now, even though you have submitted all document required and that doesn’t mean that you will be granted for an Instagram verification.
According to Instagram, after their support team reviewed your application, you’ll receive a direct respond via the Instagram notification tab.
Due to scammers, Instagram will never email you.
This is how it looks like if you’re not eligible to be verified.
That brings us to the next question…
Who is eligible to be Instagram verified?
Anybody is eligible to be an Instagram verified profile, but there must certain criteria to max out your chance of getting an Instagram verification badge.
In the Instagram verification trick below, you’ll find all the tips and tricks that you can use or avoid using for getting ban by Instagram.
However, if you’re able to acquired an Instagram verification badge, this is how it looks like…
11 Tips on How to Get Verified on Instagram For Free
Below are all the how to get verified on Instagram tricks and what are the requirements for Instagram verification you need.
1. Complete Your Instagram Bio
Your Instagram bio represents your entire Instagram account even before people trying look into your first post.
In the post above, I shared all the bio ideas depends on what niche that you’re in and you’ll be able to utilize them to your own IG profile.
With a bio in place, you’ll be able to increase the chance of getting the support team which would your page more considerable.
2. Keep Growing
Having your first 5k to 10k followers are important.
- If you’re trying to search for verified Instagram accounts, you’ll not see IG account with less than 10k followers with an Instagram verification badge on it unless if it’s a celebrity which already well-known outside of social media.
This is important…
…are you trying to generate an income or you just want the verification badge just to have it?
If for an income, then you don’t need a large following. – checkout my recommended course.
If it’s just to have the verification badge, then you’d need more followers which at least 10k followers and the part is you can check out all the free tips here.
3. Collaborate with Influencers
When Instagram is seeing your page being featured on other influencers page, your page would become more authority to Instagram.
- This is also another key point that increases the chance of get an Instagram verification badge.
It’s important to avoid wasting your money when collaborating influencer by just wanting to collaborate to gain followers.
It’s key to leverage combine with one of the best revenue generating activities mentioned in the course above with Instagram influencers.
4. Be Available Worldwide
Unlike the year 2004, when Instagram was brand new and you only need Instagram itself to become authoritative.
But as more and more people getting on the Instagram, getting your IG verification badge require you to become more authoritative on the internet as a whole.
For example, having a different social media platform or start a blog which is the #1 recommended.
- As soon as you have a blog, you can simply link your blog and your Instagram page together.
5. Look at Verified Instagram Account for Sale
Buying a verified Instagram account is another way to get the Instagram verified badge.
But it’s important to avoid any scam where people would your charge and runaway with your payment.
You don’t need a verified account, but followers that contribute the most for acquiring a verified badge.
Check out my #1 recommended Instagram University for getting your first 10k followers in 14-days.
It is a rare scenario where would somebody be willing to sell a verified business account or you should expect a higher price to buy verified Instagram account.
6. Avoid Buying Instagram Verification
As there are so many people want to have an Instagram verification badge on their profile. At the same time, there will be a lot of scammer that will make fault promises trying to scam you.
If you see any Instagram verification service who ask you pay to get verified on Instagram, it’s fake.
The only way you can have the verified badge is given by Instagram which through the steps mentioned above.
Other than that, no individuals will be able to accomplish.
But, you can use this all-in-one tool to grow your page, Ingramer.
and don’t miss out the ultimate tip below…
7. Ultimate Trick
An alternative method to getting an Instagram verified badge is leveraging symbol and emoji which also known as Instagram verified symbol copy and paste..
If you’re running an online business or business in general…
…avoid using this method to maintain a great brand reputation,
And at the same time, if you want to ignore that,
- feel free to simply search for a similar verification tick and paste right next you’re your brand name at your Instagram profile.
8. Remove Other Social Media
This is important.
You need to know what Instagram wants.
- Even though you want to gain more followers throughout your other social media platforms, Instagram doesn’t like to see if you’re linking your new profile to a different social media platform while you’re requesting for an Instagram verification badge.
However, if you’ve been successfully having the badge, then it’s fine.
Here’s an example,
9. Apply When You’re Featured
Getting featured on news or big media companies is not hard and they’re actually provide an opportunity that you could purchase to be featured on Forbes and others media companies.
- As soon as you’re featured, getting an Instagram verification badge is simple.
Here’s the key, if you do not have a marketing budget to purchase a sponsor spot on big media companies, avoid it as making money on Instagram doesn’t required a verification badge.
10. Be Authentic
Another vital point when you’re requesting to get verified on Instagram.
- You could get banned instead of getting an Instagram verified badge when you’re not being authentic.
Use the exact name that’s on your submitted documentations to prevent further requests from Instagram.
They might also ask for an address verification apart from the name itself.
A bank statement or other verifications methods that could proof of your current address is good to prepared.
Check out the next point to max out your chance to getting a verification badge.
11. Profile Optimization
As you request Instagram to review your profile in order to add a verification badge…
…how your profile representing as an Instagram community user is key.
- A profile that has a ton of symbol or emoji, inappropriate username, etc. won’t be well representative.
You can find out every tip on how you can setup your Instagram profile here.
Top 2 Benefits to Get Verified on Instagram
First of all, keep reading until the end so you’ll be able to avoid ban when you’re trying to verify your IG account.
As you already know what to do and what not to do for getting an Instagram verification badge.
Below are the benefits you need to know if you want to increase your company sale revenue as a whole and improve your sale conversions and lower your advertising cost.
1. Become More Trustworthy
As the verified badge on Instagram is rare to acquire. Therefore, there will be a lot of people will like to have the verified badge.
- By having the badge, people will trust your profile as soon as they see the company profile.
2. Increase Your Income or Company Sale Revenue
If you’re selling anything on Instagram or using any methods to make money using IG, you should expect the sale will come to your way faster because the verification badge is there.
Helpful Blog Posts:
- Instagram Scheduler: 11+ Free Instagram Scheduler App – Best
- 18+ Instagram Likes App For 1,000 Instagram Likes – Best
- Best Guide to Use Instagram Pods & Engagement Groups
- 18+ Free Instagram Bot and Instagram Automation Tools
- How to Increase Instagram Reach
That’s all for this post.
It’s important to keep in mind that you don’t need to get verified on Instagram if you want to see progress in your business.
More importantly, as you need to submit a document to get verified,
Instagram might consider the badge is not for you and at the same time, they might further request documentations while having your page on pause mode…
…if you’re not able to provide, the page might be gone for good.
Check out my #1 recommended Instagram University.
FAQs. – Instagram Verified Badge
What is the criteria for getting verified on Instagram?
There won’t be an exact criteria but the most certain one is being features on news, and getting a verification badge can become stricter in the future. Therefore, it’s important to utilize all tips mentioned above.
How many followers do you need to be verified?
How many followers to get verified on Instagram is at l0k above or 100k, or you can literally get verified with 1000 followers if you’re on the news.
Can you pay to get verified on Instagram?
No, you cannot. Whoever encourage you to pay or if you come across any verification service is scam.
How do you get your brand verified on Instagram?
One of the best methods is when your brand getting featured on news.
Can a normal person get verified on Instagram?
Yes, a normal person can get verified on Instagram as long as they meet all criteria above.
Can you get verified on Instagram without being famous?
No, the reasons people want to get verified is to be trusted and easier to gain followers. If you have a private account or contribute a little to none to the Instagram community, the chance of getting verified is zero to none.